SHOULD I STAY AWAY FROM HIM?

I actually got this story from a friend of mine that needs urgent response.  Please read through careful and kindly leave your advice for...

I actually got this story from a friend of mine that needs urgent response. 
Please read through careful and kindly leave your advice for her to read.

"Hello, my name is Stella, i started dating this guy in Dec. last year. We live in the same compound which is very odd. I never wanted to date him cause of that but he convinced me and went ahead to go see my elder sister and her hubby to ask for permission for us to date and possible my hand in marriage.

We were doing very well. He is Yoruba, i’m from Delta. He is such a nice caring and sweet guy that I fell madly in love with him. He takes very good care of me and showers me with love and everything. Fast forward to Jan/Feb this year, a certain caller kept calling and whenever they talk, they speak in Yoruba and sometimes in English.

He gives this attitude like the caller isn’t important. I started suspecting him. I asked and he said they’re friends. I just ignored but was still observing them. He never for once used me as his dp except on my birthday but he uses a pics of a particular girl once in a while. When I ask he will say she is a friend.

Because I trusted him I just ignored. All the while we were together, no lady came visiting except his colleagues from work. My birthday was in April, I had a small party with few friends, so 2 days after I sent him a text confessing my love and affection to him, his reply was so cold.

So I went over to his apartment so we can talk, that was where he dropped the bomb!!!. That he told his family about me, they said he can’t marry non Yoruba. That I should give him time to sort things out. I cried my eyes out. He even suggested that I get pregnant for him so that his family won’t stop us from getting married, i refused!.
Then he came up again that it was a prophecy a prophetess gave his mum, that if he should get married to a non Yoruba, its either the marriage won’t last or one of us will die (God forbid!). I just told him that, my God isn’t tribalistic and he doesn’t kill or give such prophecies!. I broke up with him.

After some days, he said we should go seek spiritual help that we should go to one of his pastors so we can pray to avert the prophecy. I agreed, so a day to when we were suppose to go, i just decided to check his IG page and I saw it. The pics of the girl, he up loaded two pics of hers with a romantic caption. I went mad and told him to stay away from me.

After a while I felt it wasn’t necessary being enemies since we live in the same compound. We became friends again, that people still think we were dating. Fast forward to last 2 weekends his girlfriend came visiting, though he told me she will be coming over. I felt bad but since we have broken up, i just decided to stay cool.

I carried myself well and avoided seeing him or the girl. It worked, i then decided to stay away from him for good. All the while the girl was around, he kept calling but i didn’t pick up nor gave him any room to talk to him. My problem now is, i want to stay away from him but it seems impossible, i need advice".

Thanks

3 comments

  1. You can be miles away from him and still feel the pain and hurt. So what you need to do is get him out of your mind and heart. If you can do that, his presence won't affect you one bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please dear just stay away from him. God has a better one for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its never easy to overcome unless you tell yourself,drumming your chest... I will overcome.
    The earlier you move out from that apartment,the better for you.
    Get your spirit, soul and body busy physically, spiritually and otherwise to free your mind entirely from his entanglement.
    There are a lot more opportunities out there.
    I wish you the best

    ReplyDelete